Microsoft Defender for Endpoint is an enterprise endpoint security platform designed to help organizations like yours to prevent, detect, investigate, and respond to advanced threats. We are pleased to announce that Defender for Endpoint is now available in two plans:
- Defender for Endpoint Plan 1, described in this article; and
- Defender for Endpoint Plan 2, generally available, and formerly known as Defender for Endpoint.
Defender for Endpoint Plan 1 includes the following capabilities:
- Next-generation protection that includes industry-leading, robust antimalware and antivirus protection
- Manual response actions, such as sending a file to quarantine, that your security team can take on devices or files when threats are detected
- Attack surface reduction capabilities that harden devices, prevent zero-day attacks, and offer granular control over endpoint access and behaviors
- Centralized configuration and management with the Microsoft 365 Defender portal and integration with Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Protection for a variety of platforms, including Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android devices
The following sections provide more details about these capabilities.
Next-generation protection includes robust antivirus and antimalware protection. With next-generation protection, you get:
Behavior-based, heuristic, and real-time antivirus protection
Cloud-delivered protection, which includes near-instant detection and blocking of new and emerging threats
Dedicated protection and product updates, including updates related to Microsoft Defender Antivirus
There are no reviews yet.